Thursday, March 31, 2011

From Grace...


Hey everyone!(: I guess it is about time for me to start blogging, I have been having SO much fun that I have done everything BUT blog. I thought it would be a good idea to blog though, just so that my parents know that I am alive (thanks Dad for the post about the picture of Conner, it just happened to be read aloud to everyone at lunch! :P) Belize is AMAZING! Everyone in the village here is so nice! The food is amazing! I think meals are one of the #1 things that people look forward to. Ever since yesterday morning we have been going to the school and working on stuff there. So far we are making two picnic tables for the kids and putting a fence up in the garden. Also, we are playing A LOT of soccer (or futbol as they call it) so that makes this trip all the more worth while. It’s crazy here, because in America, being 5’4 is considered being short, but here, I’m am yet to meet someone who is taller than me! I am starting to realize how Jeremy feels on a regular basis. I am making lots of friends, and plenty of new bug friends! Unfortunately, they like to show up unannounced, resulting in screaming. Later today we are going tubing along the river! The heat here can be fairly hot, so that will be great. I have a total of 64 bug bites on my legs alone, but they don’t seem to itch much, so it’s all good. I have yet to be sunburned, and I hope it remains that way. Mom, Dad, don’t worry I have started to convert to wearing bug spray and sunscreen religiously. Right now, we are staying in Maya Center and are having a great time. Getting up at 6:00 practically every morning, is becoming a regular. I am having a great time, and everyone in the group has become so close. See you next Monday Mom and Dad!
Love,
Grace(:

0 comments: