Saturday, April 2, 2011

From Leigh...


Hey, it’s Leigh :) Tobacco Caye is amazing! The last week has been really fun- I especially loved helping at the school and hanging out with the kids :) Everybody was soooo nice! The little kids were adorable, and the kids our age were really cool to talk to and play soccer with. The place that we stayed at in Maya Center was pretty nice, too, except for the mosquitoes....and the showers were interesting. Yea, I have a lot of mosquito bites. But I don’t have any sun burns- I’m doing pretty good with sunscreen and wearing my hat and everything. The Jaguar Preserve was awesome. I really liked going on all the hikes and swimming in the waterfalls, too. I’m just kind of remembering different things that I’ve done since I blogged about a week ago...oh, and I liked the Maya Museum, and the ruins were cool to visit. And now we’re here at Tobacco Caye and it’s super pretty. I love our little cabin- it’s sooo cute! The hammocks are nice to just chill in, and playing volleyball before dinner is the best :) Snorkeling was awesome today- we saw a lot of cool fish and a couple of stingrays! We took a boat out on the ocean and snorkeled at two different spots, and then we checked out the mangroves after lunch, which were really cool :D Anyway, we’re having a really great time, and I guess we get to do some experiments on the island tomorrow, which should be fun! And now I’m blogging and drinking a pina collada :) Yummy....! Mom and Dad: I love you guys soooo much, and I miss you lots <3 I hope you had a ton of fun in California, and I can’t wait to see you on Monday and show you all of the pictures I’ve taken and everything! Everybody else: thanks a bunch for all the messages- we love hearing from you guys :) Ok....bye :
Lots of love from Leigh Van Ryn <3 

0 comments: