Saturday, April 2, 2011

to Indi

Hi Indi,

Uncle Paul here again.  Your Mom typed the last message for me, but I wanted to send you another message, correcting my first message.  I meant to say "octopuses," but I didn't know if it was "octopuses" or "octopi."  Then again, maybe I should have said "octopods" or, perhaps, "octopodes."  Then I found this website:
http://www.boingboing.net/2010/07/27/octopuses-octopi-oct.html
and I find out all three (or four) are correct.  Now, I'm even more confused than before!

BTW, I'm not making this up: As I write this, your cousin, Chris, is watching the movie, "Spiderman 2"--which is about the evil "Dr. Octopus"!

Anyway, hope you're having a great time and loads of fun.  I'm looking forward to seeing all the pix about your adventures.

Love,
Uncle Paul

P.S.  Watch out for those octo--oh, never mind!

0 comments: